SAFARI AND BOP KITS NOW AVAILABLE IN RED GALAXY SPARKLE
Two of the most popular selling kits on the market, SONOR’s Safari and Bop kits are now available in a new, striking Red Galaxy Sparkle finish.
The Safari kit is a more affordable version of the legendary SONOR Jungle Kit, offering compact size with uncompromised sound. This shell pack includes a 16” X 16” bass drum with riser, a 10”X 8” tom with mounting hardware, a 14” X 12” floor tom and a full-size 14” X 5” snare.
The Bop kit is fun to play, easy to transport and a smaller, more affordable alternative to typical larger kit configurations. This shell pack includes an 18”X 16” bass drum, a 12”X 8” tom with mounting hardware, a 14” X 14” floor tom and a full-size 14” X 5” snare. Bop retails for $730 and MAP’s for $429.
“These kits offer an incredible amount of fun and practicality to students and gigging players who need to move from gig to gig, while sounding superb and looking great in Red Sparkle!” said Larry Nelson, Product Manager for SONOR US.
Perfect Balance by Jojo Mayer!
SONOR is proud to announce the result of an inspired collaboration between Jojo Mayer and SONOR, the Perfect Balance Bass Drum Pedal. The philosophy behind this pedal is to achieve perfect harmony and interplay between the pedal’s moving parts and the drummer’s foot. Due to careful design and perfectly balanced linear action, any non-vital adjustments are obsolete and omitted. Other than the pedal’s unique folding and mounting mechanism, all adjustments such as spring tension, footboard height and beater angle reflect classic industry standards.
Jojo Mayer said “The Perfect Balance Pedal is a carefully calibrated system that optimizes the linear translation of your foot movements. Essentially, it could be described as the soul and feel of a vintage pedal reincarnated in the technology of a21st century body. The most important feature of this pedal is that it will not put any obstacles in your way to develop a level of speed, control and power that can not be obtained with most pedals.”
“We at SONOR USA are thrilled that we are able to provide drummers with such an inspiring and unique musical instrument”, said Product Manager Larry Nelson.
Some of the many features include:
• LOW MASS DRIVE SYSTEM -The drive cam and beater hub are streamlined into a single unit for low mass and carefully calibrated for perfectly balanced strokes. The round cam design creates linear acceleration which is a major advantage for many hybrid drumming techniques
• BALLISTIC FIBER STRAP – Ballistic fiber strap minimizes inertia of the drive system and offers a quicker and smoother response than chain or solid drives, also it is silent, so when recording there is literally no spring or hinge sounds.
• ELONGATED BOARD – Elongated and smooth footboard adds more leverage to the stroke and allows extended range of movement for heel toe and sliding techniques.
• FOLDING MECHANISM – Folds the pedal into compact size for easy transportation with the push of a button. For extended lifespan, the spring can be dislocated and secured with a magnet when folded.
• SELF-MOUNTING CLAMP – Quick mounts the pedal with a single motion. Clamp adjusts to all hoop thicknesses.
Each pedal comes with a carrying bag.
For more information check out the new SONOR literature and the SONOR homepage: www.sonor.com to see the latest gear for 2013 !
Donate to IndiePulse Music Magazine’s Academic and Music Education Scholarship Program HeartBeat4Kids
IndiePulse Music Magazine creates Scholarships to help Youth In Need of assistance to complete their educational goals and stay in school.