Win Your Slot On Brutal Fest Tour
BRUTAL BATTLE CUBA is proud to announce submissions are now open for independent Canadian metal bands in Oshawa, Ottawa, Montreal, Quebec, Fredericton and Moncton to submit to this year’s first ever competition. One group will win a performing slot on this year’s 2016 BRUTAL SUMMER FEST TOUR line up where they will be playing in front hundreds of Cuban metalheads each night.
Quebec’s Chariots of The Gods alongside touring front man Chase Wilson from Ontario’s Darkness in Aurora were the first Canadian metal band ever to join the fest in 2014.
“We have been working on this project for a while and we are really excited that it is finally happening! It’s a great opportunity for bands to experience touring outside of Canada and getting the chance to share the stage with international bands. Chase Wilson and I were part of the first Canadian metal band to tour Cuba in 2014. The cultural immersion as well as the musical experience really makes it a Brutal Fest!” comments BBC organizer Rich O’Neil.
For full submission details and rules, please read below or at the following link (deadline to submit application is February 10 at 11:59pm EST): http://www.piranhaproductions.ca/soumission.php
What is BRUTAL SUMMER FEST TOUR?
It’s a seven date tour with five to seven international bands, ten crew members, two bus drivers and one big bus on the road for two weeks across Cuba.
The selected Canadian band will share the stage with five or six other talented international bands every night and will be on the road during the day visiting every aspect of the Cuban culture.
Not only will the winning band be sent to tour with Brutal Fest in Cuba with tour shirts and promo stickers, but they will also have the opportunity to be endorsed by companies such as InTune Guitar Picks and SoulTone Cymbals as well as a few other great prizes from their sponsors.
Are you ready for the most Brutal experience of your life?
How to submit a band application for the only contest giving you access to BRUTAL SUMMER FEST 2016 in CUBA?
Simple! Send an email to email@example.com with all the following info below that convinces them that YOU are ready for a tour across CUBA!
*In the email’s title, please write the city you are from. (ex. Oshawa, Ottawa, Montreal, Quebec, Fredericton or Moncton), and your band’s name. Example: OTTAWA, BANDNAME.*
– City (Oshawa, Ottawa, MontreL, Quebec, Fredericton, Moncton)
– Actual city
– Rep name
– Phone number
– Band name
– Facebook page
– Other page
– Video link
– MP3 link
– EPK link
Now tell us about your band!
All bands interested in participating in Brutal Battle CUBA, must read and understand the following rules and guidelines. Applicants who send in submissions automatically agree to the rules and terms.
Winning band receives:
– A slot on the 2016 Brutal Summer Fest Tour in Cuba. Full backline provided.
– Paid plane tickets to Cuba (for a maximum of 5000$)
– Tour package including custom tour shirts, custom backdrop, and stickers.
– Automatic endorsement from some of our sponsors. (InTune Guitar Picks, Soultone Cymbals, etc…)
Terms of contest:
– Your band will play a 25 minute set consisting of your own songs.
– PA, lighting, and sound engineer will be provided for all bands.
– Backline arrangements TBD.
– The bands must bring their own instruments such as guitars, bass, drum breakables, keyboards and effect pedals and may also bring and use their own guitar amps.
– All bands have to follow the directions given by the promoters or stage manager. Keep in mind that you will be juged by every aspects including professionalism.
– Members of the music industry will decide the winners each night.
– Set times are NOT subject to change. If a band overruns its allotted performance-time, their sound will be faded out.
– The running order for the concert will be released a few days before the event takes place.
Travel for the winning band to go to Cuba is provided by Piranha Productions and subject to the following restrictions: a) For a maximum of 5 band members.
b) For a maximum travel expense of $5000. Full professional backline will be provided.
c) Bands must provide their own guitars, pedals, breakables (cymbals, snare, throne, sticks, etc.)
– Advance tickets will be available for the qualified bands to buy. Bands may sell those tickets to their fans for the suggested price. An extra 10 more tickets will be given to the bands at no costs.
– Walk-in Price TBC.
– Finals advance and walk-in ticket price TBC.
Arrangements will be made with the bands directly to provide them with the tickets. This ticketing system is in place for the following reasons:
– To ensure bands will perform in front of a good audience.
– Offers bands a chance to earn some money from their ticket sales.
– Help pay for the winning band’s trip to Cuba.
Ticket prices may differ from city to city. For example: Toronto ticket prices may be slightly different because a portion of travel/accommodations is covered for the Finalists to travel to Montreal for the Finals.
– 30 –
Sponsors/ Partners (for inquiries, please contact here):
IndiePulse Interviews and Podcasts
IndiePulse Music » Interviews
The Best Music You Have Yet To Hear
Interviews and Commentaries with the Musicians and Celebrities in the Indie Scene.
IndiePulse Music 2017