English Singer-Songwriter James Walker Releases New Single ‘Weathered’ Taken From the Forthcoming Album ‘English Bones’
Announces a Thirty Four Date 2017 UK & European Tour
British singer-songwriter James Walker has announced the release of his new single ‘Weathered’, due for release August 4th. The track is taken from Walker’s forthcoming album ‘English Bones’ due for release later this year and is the follow-up to his recent single ‘Next To Me’.
Originally a session musician, James Walker performed as a piano player for a number of touring artists’s, spending the past six years playing across the world. Soon after, James developed a rare heart condition, which resulted in a year-long battle and major surgery to save his life. ‘It changed the perspective I had on everything; the relationships I had with others, the relationships I had with music and I realized I wanted to reflect on how such a big event had impacted my life’, recalls James.
Earlier in 2016 James released his debut EP ‘Modern Medicine’ drawing on influences from the likes of Conor Oberst and The Weepies. Following its launch, James announced a UK and US tour to support his debut EP, which was his first chance to play to an audience as a solo artist. The shows became a great success and enabled James to build up an international fan base.
James Walker’s first full-length album ‘English Bones’ will be released via Wild Native Records and was produced by Sam Winfield (Amber Run, Bring Me The Horizon). ‘English Bones’ is a step away from Walker’s debut EP, both thematically and stylistically and for the first time will be accompanied by a full band. To support the release of his new album, James Walker has announced a 35-date tour across the UK and Europe this year, kicking off in the Netherlands this August.
James Walker’s album ‘English Bones’ is available to pre-order now and will be available from November 10th on all major media providers. More information and tour tickets can be found on James Walker’s official website.
2017 UK & European Tour
- 08/08 -> 15/08 – Horizontoer (NL)
- 17/08 – Sofar Sounds, Oxford (UK)
- 18/08 – House Concert, Hemel Hempstead (UK)
- 19/08 – House Concert, Reading (UK)
- 20/08 – Unplugged by the Sea, Sheringham (UK)
- 21/08 – Three Minute Theatre, Manchester (UK)
- 23/08 – The Tasting House, Reading (UK)
- 24/08 – Caffeine & Cocktails, Reading (UK)
- 25/08 – House Concert, Goring Heath (UK)
- 29/08 – House Concert, Reading (UK)
- 30/08 – Latest Music Bar, Brighton (UK)
- 31/08 – The Library, Oxford (UK)
- 01/09 – Schenkers, Apeldoorn (NL)
- 02/09 – House Concert, Hoofddorp (NL)
- 03/09 – Werk aan het Spoel, Culemborg (NL)
- 04/09 – House Concert, Haarlem (NL)
- 05/09 – De Nieuwe Anita PM, Amsterdam (NL)
- 07/09 – Club Move, Barneveld (NL)
- 08/09 – Tee de Cologne, Köln (DE)
- 09/09 – Cowhide House Concert, Frankfurt (DE)
- 10/09 – Xinix, Nieuwendijk (NL)
- 15/09 – House Concert, Dobl (AT)
- 16/09 – House Concert, Linz (AT)
- 18/09 – Tunnel, Vienna (AT)
- 19/09 – KaffeeWerk, Passau (DE)
- 20/09 – Frankfurt International School Auditorium, Frankfurt (DE)
- 21/09 – House Concert, Oberursel (DE)
- 22/09 – Proberaum B13, Leipzig (DE)
- 23/09 – House Concert, Berlin (DE)
- 26/09 – House Concert, Hamburg (DE)
- 27/09 – Tonfink, Lübeck (DE)
- 29/09 – Villa Basta, Hasselt (BE)
- 30/09 – House Concert, Wantage (UK)
Donate to IndiePulse Music Magazine’s Academic and Music Education Scholarship Program HeartBeat4Kids
IndiePulse Music Magazine creates Scholarships to help Youth In Need of assistance to complete their educational goals and stay in school.