Album Release planned for May 11th via Rude Records
BAND ALSO TO RELEASE “CRAWL,” FEATURING GUEST VOCALS FROM STAND ATLANTIC’S BONNIE FRASER
Catch the band on tour in the US throughout April & May
Southern California’s CROOKED TEETH are thrilled to announce they’ve signed with Independent label, Rude Records, and will be re-issuing their PASTEL EP on May 11th. To mark the announcement, the band unveils new single “CRAWL” which features guest vocals from fellow Rude Records artist Bonnie Fraser of Stand Atlantic, in the form of a heartfelt music video. The single is off the forthcoming EP, produced by Matt Lang (Waterparks, Selfish Things, The Dangerous Summer) and cements their sound as expressive and emotive, whilst retaining a raw edge. Lead vocalist and guitarist, Tyson Evans had this to say about the brand new single and partnering with Bonnie.
“Crawl is about talking yourself away from a toxic relationship, be it platonic or intimate. It’s about healing, learning and moving on from an experience that could have potentially altered your core in a negative sense. Our producer, Matt Lang, brought this to us in the spring of 2016. We really dug the hook and the lyrical standpoint of the chorus. I wrote the verses based off a similar experience I had. It’s definitely my personal favorite song in our current catalogue.
I naturally discovered Stand Atlantic by way of a Spotify curated playlist based on what I had been listening to. I loved ‘Coffee at Midnight’ and I thought it was dope that the band was a three-piece as we are as well. Bonnie displays a ton of emotion when she sings and that’s something we really wanted to add to this song. I also wanted the song to be sort of a back and forth from the bridge through the end. I thought it would be cool for the story and the lines of resistance towards toxicity to be sung by a woman versus a guy just blabbing on about some heartbreak the whole time. Bonnie killed it and we are so stoked”
CROOKED TEETH are hitting the road over the next few months, see below for tour dates. European and UK tour dates will be announced later this year.
CROOKED TEETH TOUR DATES:
- Apr 5th – Bamboo Room, Medford OR
- Apr 8th – The Boardwalk, Orangevale CA
- Apr 9th – The Gutter, Reno NV
- Apr 10th – The Shredder, Boise ID
- Apr 11th – The Loading Dock, Salt Lake City UT
- Apr 12th – Salon Ocampo, Denver CO
- Apr 13th – 1867 Bar, Lincoln NE
- Apr 14th – Bubba Spin’s, Kansas City MO
- Apr 16th – Outland Ballroom, Springfield MO
- Apr 18th – Killer’s, Denton TX
- Apr 19th – Sidewinder, Austin TX
- Apr 20th – Motoball, El Paso TX
- Apr 22nd – Rebel Lounge, Phoenix AZ
- May 12nd – Windsor Beer Exchange, Windsor, ON
- May 13th – Camp/Us, Chicago IL
- May 14th – Icon Lounge, Sioux Falls, SD
- May 15th – 1867 Bar, Lincoln NE
- May 16th – Moon Room, Denver CO
- May 17th – The Underground, Salt Lake City UT
- May 18th – The Shredder, Boise ID
- May 19th – 3rd Wheel, Lewiston, ID
- May 21st – 333, Vancouver BC
- May 22nd – Real Art Tacoma, Tacoma WA
- May 23rd – Analog PDX, Portland, OR
- May 24th – Eaden Ballroom, Grants Pass OR
- May 25th – X Bar, Cupertino CA
- May 26th – Full Circle Brewing, Fresno CA
- May 27th – Chain Reaction, Anaheim CA
- May 28th – The Green Room, Flagstaff AZ
- May 30th – Homer’s, Abilene TX
- May 31st – Central Arts of Bedford, Bedford TX
- June 1st – The Vanguard, Tulsa OK
- June 2nd – Fubar, St. Louis MO
California trio Crooked Teeth offer a unique blend of eclectic yet gratifying mixture of pop punk, emo, and alternative sounds to engage the listener with thought-provoking lyrics. The band, formed in 2016, is comprised of Tyson Evans, Adam Miranda, and Adam Galindo. Upon forming, the band set out to record Out Here, A Lone. with producer/engineer/mixer Matt Lang with additional percussion by Andy Rodesney and mastering with Mike Kalijian. The EP is a culmination of emotions for front-man Tyson Evans after his previous band, Second To Last, were wrapping up a tour. Tyson and his fellow bandmates, went on to record the EP in 3 days and is a raw emotional take on life, love, stress, doubt, fear, and social instability. With much success, the band went on to open for As It Is at the iconic Chain Reaction, which led to shows with This Wild Life and a performance at Emo Nite LA.
In spring 2017, the band hit the road with Such A Mess before re-entering the studio to record their follow-up EP, Pastel. The three track EP was produced and mixed by Matt Lang with mastering by Kris Crummett at Interlace Audio. Idobi Radio stated that the EP “will have you so hooked all you’ll wanna do is play these songs for everyone you know.” Tyson Evans expanded on this musical direction by stating that the “EP felt like a formal introduction to the world.” Immediately following the EP launch, the band hit the road for a regional tour with Stickup Kid and Glacier Veins before making another appearance at Emo Nite LA. To celebrate the band went on a headlining tour spanning the entire US with spot dates opening for Welcome Home, Aaron West and the Roaring Twenties, Shortly, Anarbor, Sundressed and Chase Huglin.
Fast forward to 2018 and the band has signed with Rude Records to re-release their highly-successful EP, Pastel, due out May 11th, with a new rendition of single, “Crawl” which features guest vocals by Bonnie Fraser of Stand Atlantic. The song is about talking yourself away from a toxic relationship and details the healing, learning, and moving on moments post separation. Fans can be on the lookout for more information on Crooked Teeth soon!
Donate to IndiePulse Music Magazine’s Academic and Music Education Scholarship Program HeartBeat4Kids
IndiePulse Music Magazine creates Scholarships to help Youth In Need of assistance to complete their educational goals and stay in school.