Just days after announcing their first headlining tour of 2018, alternative rock band VISTA have released a surprise single, “Witch Hunt,” out TODAY. Not previously announced, “Witch Hunt,” is the band’s first music released since July 2017’s “Long Live,” their 7-track sophomore EP. After teasing fans throughout the last 2 weeks with cryptic binary coding graphics, a mysterious marketing ploy created by band members Greg Almeida and Hope Vista, the track debuted worldwide on idobi radio just 3 hours before it was available on streaming platforms.
The track was recorded, produced, and mixed by Zack Odom and Kenneth Mount of ZK Productions, who previous worked with lead vocalist Hope Vista in 2015. “Witch Hunt” marries together electronic and alternative elements, the familiar core of VISTA’s unique sound, but also maintains a sensual and alluring energy throughout. “Witch Hunt” is a blood-pumping chorus, sexually-tinged vocals, and drum-laden verses make the release a summer alternative hit to be reckoned with. Alongside the surprise release of “Witch Hunt,” VISTA also announced last week “The Bloodlust Tour,” a 25- date summer run spanning across the US Northeast, Midwest, and South. “The Bloodlust Tour” will also feature Florida rockers Brightside as direct support on 8 Southern dates.
An electronically-tinged alternative rock band, NY-based outfit VISTA originally formed in late 2015. Comprised of lead vocalist Hope Vista and guitarist Greg Almeida, the band combines both modern alternative rock and electronic influences to create their unique anthemic sound. VISTA released their debut 4-track EP “VERSUS” shortly after their original inception, in which their debut single “On The Brink” debuted worldwide on idobi radio.
Their name hasn’t been shy in the press since; the band has garnered praise from outlets such as Alternative Press, Rock Sound, Substream, and AXS. Throughout 2017, VISTA supported Fueled By Ramen artist Against The Current at Irving Plaza, gained idobi rotation with their single “Henchmen,” and dropped their highly anticipated sophomore EP “Long Live.” The 7-track EP, containing the singles “Henchmen” and “Allegiance,” lyrically centralizes around the theme of finding an oasis in a dystopian society. “Long Live” immediately made its’ way onto three different iTunes Alternative charts, including peaking at #10 on the top selling $5.99 albums, and sparked the completion of two promotional tours, in August and November, respectively. Most recently, VISTA completed recording new music with ZK Productions (Mayday Parade, Set It Off, Chapel).
“THE BLOODLUST TOUR” DATES:
- 6/25 – Bungalow – Manchester, NH
- 6/26 – Stamps – Buffalo, NY
- 6/28 – The Cave – New Haven, CT
- 6/29 – Smiling Moose – Pittsburgh, PA
- 6/30 – The Outpost – Kent, OH
- 7/1 – Skully’s Music Diner – Columbus, OH
- 7/2 – Irving Theater – Indianapolis, IN
- 7/3 – Wire – Chicago, IL
- 7/5 – Amsterdam Bar & Music Hall – Saint Paul, MN
- 7/6 – The Riot Room – Kansas City, MI
- 7/8 – Vanguard – Tulsa, OK
- 7/9 – The Dirty 30 – Dallas, TX
- 7/10 – Super Happy Fun Land – Houston, TX
- 7/11 – Masquerade – Atlanta, GA
- 7/12 – The Haven – Orlando, FL
- 7/13 – Nighthawks – Jacksonville, FL
- 7/14 – The Wilbury – Tallahassee, FL
- 7/16 – Imurj – Raleigh, NC
- 7/17 – The Boulevard Tavern – Charleston, WV
- 7/18 – Sidebar – Baltimore, MD
- 7/19 – Revolution – Amityville, NY
- 7/20 – Patterson Creations – Attleboro, MA
- 7/21 – Connie’s Ric Rac – Philadelphia, PA
- 7/22 – Brighton Bar – Long Branch, NJ
- 7/24 – Gold Sounds – Brooklyn, NY
CONNECT WITH VISTA:
- Download “Witch Hunt” On iTunes
- Website: www.vistaband.co
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/VISTAband
- Twitter: www.twitter.com/ThisIsVISTA
- Instagram: www.instagram.com/VISTAband
Feature Photo: Holly Turner
Donate to IndiePulse Music Magazine’s Academic and Music Education Scholarship Program HeartBeat4Kids
IndiePulse Music Magazine creates Scholarships to help Youth In Need of assistance to complete their educational goals and stay in school.