New Orleans Rhythm & Soul group The Maggie Belle Band is touring select cities and venues of California. The band will be on tour in California in June and early July 2018, and will be playing in the Bay Area June 21-25, Los Angeles 6/28-7/1, and closing out in San Diego on 7/2 -(full details in Article).
The Maggie Belle Band has a sound that blends soul, R&B, funk and blues, with Maggie’s highly distinctive voice and heartfelt lyrics capturing audience’s attention. Over the past two years, Maggie Belle Band has toured the east coast, and throughout Louisiana and Texas while steadily building a loyal fanbase at home. In New Orleans, the band has played venues such as One Eyed Jacks, Howlin Wolf, Siberia, and Gasa Gasa.
The Maggie Belle Band are veterans of the New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival, New Orleans’ Midcity Bayou Boogaloo Music Festival, and the River Revival Festival in New Braunfels, TX.
Following up on their debut EP Runnin’ Out, the band has begun writing new material for a full-length album, to be released in 2018. The live show features a 7-piece band (keys, bass, drums, and 3 horns), presenting a mix of the band’s brand new and older material, as well as a few funky and soulful covers that showcase Maggie’s unique and powerful voice.
The Maggie Belle Band Featured on NPR’s Tiny Desk Performance
The band’s lead singer, Maggie Belle, originally hails from San Diego, and spent many years living in San Francisco before moving to New Orleans and starting the band.
Tour Performance Locations:
- Thursday, 6/21: Savanna Jazz, San Carlos, CA 7:30-10:30 PM
- Friday, 6/22: Poor House Bistro, San Jose, CA 6:00-10:00 PM
- Saturday, 6/23: Impulse Room, Walnut Creek, CA 8:00-9:30 PM
- Sunday, 6/24: Sofar Sounds, San Francisco, CA (exact location TBA day of show) 9:00 PM
- Monday, 6/25: Sweetwater Music Hall (opening for Red Baraat), Mill Valley, CA, 8:00 PM
- Thursday, 6/28: The Del Monte Speakeasy at Townhouse Venice, Venice, 9:30 PM
- Friday, 6/29: Hotel Cafe, Second Stage, Hollywood, 11:00 PM
- Saturday, 6/30: Sofar Sounds Orange County, Orange, CA, 9:00 PM
- Sunday, 7/1: Melrose Trading Post (at Fairfax High School), Los Angeles, 12:30 PM (afternoon show)
- Monday, 7/2: Bar Pink, San Diego, 9:00 PM (tour finale in Maggie’s hometown)
Donate to IndiePulse Music Magazine’s Academic and Music Education Scholarship Program HeartBeat4Kids
IndiePulse Music Magazine creates Scholarships to help Youth In Need of assistance to complete their educational goals and stay in school.