BAND PLAY HOMETOWN SHOW THIS SATURDAY AT BROOKLYN’S SAINT VITUS; ADDITIONAL JULY TOUR DATES WITH PALLBEARER
Spotlights, the ethereal-meets-heavy rock trio who continue Ipecac Recordings’ legacy of championing unique and artistically captivating rock bands, will join post-hardcore heavyweights Quicksand and Glassjaw for a two-week U.S. trek before rounding out the month with doom outfit, Pallbearer.
The tour announcement arrives as the band prepares for a hometown show this Saturday at Brooklyn’s Saint Vitus, celebrating the release of Hanging By Faith, a five-song addendum to their Ipecac full-length debut from late last year, Seismic. The EP includes a stirring rendition of The Cure’s “Faith” as well as the cinematic song, “The Hanging (Hang Us All)”
The EP can be purchased and streamed at this link: http://smarturl.it/HangingByFaith.
Spotlights tour dates:
- June 30 Brooklyn, NY Saint Vitus +
- July 7 Pontiac, MI The Crofoot ++
- July 8 Chicago, IL Concord Music Hall ++
- July 9 Minneapolis, MN Varsity Theater ++
- July 10 Kansas City, MO The Riot Room ++++
- July 11 Denver, CO The Ogden Theatre ++
- July 12 Salt Lake City, UT The Complex ++
- July 14 Portland, OR Roseland Theater ++
- July 15 Seattle, WA Showbox ++
- July 17 San Francisco, CA The Regency Ballroom ++
- July 18 Sacramento, CA Ace of Spades ++
- July 20 Santa Ana, CA The Observatory ++
- July 22 Phoenix, AZ The Van Buren ++
- July 24 Austin, TX Mohawk ++
- July 26 Hamden, CT The Outer Space +++
- July 27 Syracuse, NY The Lost Horizon +++
- July 28 Cambridge, MA Middle East +
- July 29 Philadelphia, PA Voltage Lounge +
- July 31 Amityville, NY Amityville Music Hall +++
- + = headlining date
++ = w/Quicksand and Glassjaw
+++ = w/Pallbearer & SUMOKEM
++++ = w/Extinction A.D.
Spotlights is a Brooklyn-based trio featuring married couple Mario and Sarah Quintero alongside drummer Chris Enriquez. The band released Seismic in the fall of 2017 via Ipecac Recordings. Revolver said the outfit “balances delicate atmospherics” and “crushing sounds” on the Aaron Harris (ISIS/Palms) produced release, while Loudwire noted Spotlights’ knack for “letting songs breathe, taking their time in building up a track’s strength and beauty simultaneously.”. Treble Zinenamed the album one of the Top 20 metal releases of 2017, saying “Seismic is an atmospheric sludge odyssey that lives up to the earth-moving implications of its title.”
Photo credit: Anthony Tran
Donate to IndiePulse Music Magazine’s Academic and Music Education Scholarship Program HeartBeat4Kids
IndiePulse Music Magazine creates Scholarships to help Youth In Need of assistance to complete their educational goals and stay in school.