Beat-driven. Employing heavy elements of funk and soul, paris_monster closes a gap between synthesized sound & garage; between modern detail and old-school grit. Solid earth. Soaring soundscapes. A mass of noise. Volatility. Vocal singularity.
In fall of 2017 paris_monster began recording their first full-length LP, set to be released in early 2019. The album solidifies their dirty, glitchy, lyric-centered, groove-based sound. It will be a milepost in their search for a focused and flexible musical approach. Elements of funk and soul join with lyrical themes of bygone eras in rural settings, characters lost, and mortality confronted. Love achieved, and denied. Americana. These themes stand in stark contrast to pounding grooves and electronic mayhem, creating depth and dimensions that could have been otherwise achieved only by dropping a modular synth in the corn fields of central New York or the woods of Connecticut.
- Stream “Moles” on all digital platforms: http://smarturl.it/parismonster.
- Stream “Moles” on PopMatters: https://www.popmatters.com/paris-monster-moles-premiere-2604607366.html.
The duo will perform a UK/EUR tour to follow starting September 19. Also confirmed are two Midwest dates supporting Louis Cole (Knower) on October 18 (Chicago) and 19 (Detroit). See routing below.
Check out the band’s recent Paste Magazine session here:
Praise for paris_monster:
“A precise, complex and sophisticated mechanism” delivering a sound that “could be the new face of American roots rock”. paris_monster showcases its prowess for hook writing/crafting a track that could stand without accompaniment as a blues-y, spiritual declaration, but is launched into another realm by its bed of synths and echoing choruses. An inspired take on bluesfolk that’s both hypnotic and engaging.”
–The Deli NYC
“Each time I see them perform I’m dumbfounded at just how great they are”. paris_monster’s live show is something to behold. The challenge when seeing them live is getting past the fact that there are only two people creating all that sound. Two people. A drum set. A bass. A keyboard. A modular synthesizer. One microphone. And a massive sound. Beyond this visual impossibility is a careful and deliberate balance of frequencies, colors, and textures. Melodies to serve a story. Chaos to destroy preciousness.”
–Pancakes & Whiskey
“paris_monster combines unexpected elements in its sound, fusions of garage rock and soul come together with the aggression of noise while the soothing sounds of synthesized pop hover somewhere in the distance.”
- SEP 19 Old Blue Last London, United Kingdom
- SEP 20 Prince Albert Brighton, United Kingdom
- SEP 22 The Cube Great Malvern, United Kingdom
- SEP 24 Rough Trade Bristol, United Kingdom
- SEP 25 The Lantern Halifax, United Kingdom
- SEP 26 Sound Food & Drink Liverpool, United Kingdom
- SEP 27 The Hug and Pint Glasgow, United Kingdom
- SEP 28 Newcastle Think Tank Newcastle Upon Tyne, United Kingdom
- SEP 29 Hyde Park Book Club Leeds, United Kingdom
- OCT 3 La Machine – Place Saint Géry Brussels, Belgium
- OCT 11 Jazz Dock Prague, Czech Republic
- OCT 16 Chat Noir Club Carouge, Switzerland
- OCT 18 Chop Shop- Chicago (with Louis Cole/Knower)
- OCT 19 El Club- Detroit, MI (with Louis Cole/Knower)
- NOV 10 EJMA Auditorium Lausanne, Switzerland
- NOV 14 Auster-Club LYA Berlin, Germany
- NOV 16 FRI Paard The Hague, Netherlands
Donate to IndiePulse Music Magazine’s Academic and Music Education Scholarship Program HeartBeat4Kids
IndiePulse Music Magazine creates Scholarships to help Youth In Need of assistance to complete their educational goals and stay in school.