SOULFUL BLUES SINGER/SAXOPHONIST VANESSA COLLIER EMBARKS ON ‘HONEY UP’ TOUR IN SUPPORT OF NEW ALBUM
To Perform Locally at Sportsmen’s Pub on Wednesday, October 11th
Soulful blues singer/saxophonist Vanessa Collier,embarks on her ‘Honey Up’ U.S. Tour, in support of her acclaimed new album of the same name, with a local performance at Sportsmen’s Pub, 326 Amherst St., Wednesday, October 11th. Showtime: 7pm. Tickets: $15. Info: (716) 874-7734 or visit http://sportsmensbuffalo.com/.
Vanessa Collier and “Honey Up”
If you haven’t been fortunate enough to meet Vanessa Collier and witness one of her head-turning, fiery, and passionate performances, you should definitely make sure you do. As a master musician and multi-instrumentalist, Vanessa weaves funk, soul, rock, and blues into every powerful performance and she is downright impressive. With soulful vocals, searing saxophone, and witty songwriting, Vanessa is blazing a trail, racking up an arsenal of honors, and has already singled herself out as an artist of distinction and one we would all do well to watch.
It’s not simply the accolades she has accumulated so far, although they’ve been many — three Blues Music Award Nominations (BMAs) for Contemporary Blues Female Artist of the Year (2018) and Horn Player of the Year (2018 and 2017), a Blues Blast Award nomination, the Jamming-est Pro Award bestowed by the Legendary Rhythm & Blues Cruise, First Place for lyrics in the International Songwriting Competition, Best of 2014 Blues Breaker on Dan Aykroyd’s BluesMobile — it’s the fact that she has accumulated all these honors even while her career is still in its infancy. A 2013 graduate of the prestigious Berklee College of Music, she’s toured nationally and internationally, released two critically acclaimed albums (2014’s Heart, Soul & Saxophone and 2017’s Meeting My Shadow), and will release her highly anticipated self-produced third album, Honey Up, in July 2018.
These days, Collier spends much of her time on the road, performing at some of the most prestigious music festivals in the world. Her talents have taken her to the Blues Music Awards Show where, in the words of the Blues Foundation, Vanessa “blew the doors off the Blues Music Awards!”; Ottawa Blues Festival, where she earned two front page newspaper photos and rave reviews after her foot stomping debut there; twice on the Legendary Rhythm and Blues Cruise, where she earned the Jamming-est Pro Award and was a featured artist with Tommy Castro’s Blues Review; Briggs Farm Festival, where she was the “most popular Briggs Farm act in 2017” (Elmore Magazine), and the list continues. In 2017, Vanessa was also a featured artist in three major tours across Europe as part of Ruf’s 2017 Blues Caravan.
Collier says she’s happy performing on stages across the world, hoping that she can make a difference with fans and followers along the way. “I am driven to do this because I find it a total form of expression and connection,” she explains. “I love connecting with an audience and feeling their energy and I hope to inspire people to follow their dreams and passions, to find what brings them joy, and then to pursue it doggedly.”
Vanessa Collier ‘Honey Up’ Fall 2018 U.S. Tour Itinerary
- Oct. 5 (Friday) THE HAMILTON Washington, DC
- Oct. 6 (Saturday) THE FOUNDRY Columbia, MD
- Oct. 11 (Thur.) SPORTSMEN’S PUB Buffalo, NY
- Oct. 12 (Fri.) MUSIC BOX SUPPER CLUB Cleveland, OH
- Oct. 13 (Sat.) CANAL BANK SHUFFLE BLUES FEST Ontario, CAN
- Oct. 14 (Sun.) FANATICS PUB Lima, NY
- Oct. 17 (Wed.) DOUGLAS CORNER Nashville, TN
- Oct. 18 (Thur.) SLIPPERY NOODLE Indianapolis, IN
- Oct. 19 (Fri.) BUDDY GUY’S LEGENDS Chicago, IL
- Oct. 20 (Sat.) BACON BLUES/BIG STORIES FEST Madisonville, KY
- Oct. 21 (Sun.) RAILGARTEN Memphis, TN
- Oct. 22 (Mon.) WOODSONGS Lexington, KY
- Oct. 23 (Tues.) FAT FISH PUB Galesburg, IL
- Oct. 24 (Wed.) ZOO BAR Lincoln, NE
- Oct. 25 (Thur.) KNUCKLEHEAD’S SALOON Kansas City, MO
- Oct. 26 (Fri.) FAMOUS DAVE’S Minneapolis, MN
- Oct. 27 (Sat.) CHROME LOUNGE Omaha, NE
- Oct. 30 (Tues.) PARADISE BAR & GRILL Pensacola, FL
- Oct. 31 (Wed.) TWO BROTHERS Punta Gorda, FL
- Nov. 1 (Thur.) THE ALE & WITCH St. Petersburg, FL
- Nov. 2 (Fri.) SUNRISE THEATRE Fort Pierce, FL
- Nov. 3 (Sat.) FORGOTTEN MUSIC FESTIVAL Mexico Beach, FL
- Nov. 4 (Sun.) CAPITOL OYSTER BAR Montgomery, AL
Donate to IndiePulse Music Magazine’s Academic and Music Education Scholarship Program HeartBeat4Kids
IndiePulse Music Magazine creates Scholarships to help Youth In Need of assistance to complete their educational goals and stay in school.