Endless Roar is an electroacoustic free-improvisation group who use audio-reactive technology to drive visuals through layered video projections. Saxophones, drums, double-bass and electronic effects oscillate between dense rhythmic energy and free-floating spaciousness. Video projection on multiple surfaces react to the music, and are specially created for each program and performance space.
Endless Roar evolved since its conception within the Noise genre, moving through Ambient Drone, Post-Rock and Free Jazz to arrive at it’s current state which is Free Improvisation, taking a necessary step away from the jazz vocabulary. However, we’ve kept elements of each style as we’ve grown, such as the loop and effect pedals, the synthesized noise shaper, and the electric guitar.
The music itself is necessarily free improvisation because at its core, Endless Roar is about creating circumstances where a small group of musicians can access and express their most exciting ideas and take full advantage of their unique skills together in real-time. Unlike free improvisation bands who claim to ‘show up and see what happens’, we spend a lot of time rehearsing and testing the technology.
- October 2014 – Kanepes Kulturas Centres, Riga
- February 2015 – Decibels Festival, Riga
- February 2015 – Aristids, Riga
- November 2015 – Aptieka, Riga
- August 2016 – Waterpieces Festival, Riga
- August 2017 – Waterpieces Festival, Riga
- October 2017 – Zemlika Festival, Durbe
- October 2017 – Mark Rothko Art Centre, Daugavpils
- October 2017 – JVLMA Great Hall, Riga – review here
- July 2018 – Kometa Festival, Riga
- September 2018 – Kanepes Kulturas Centres, Riga
- September 2018 – JVLMA Great Hall, Riga – review here
- April 2019 – Jūras Vārti, Ventspils
Donate to IndiePulse Music Magazine’s Academic and Music Education Scholarship Program HeartBeat4Kids
IndiePulse Music Magazine creates Scholarships to help Youth In Need of assistance to complete their educational goals and stay in school.