International hits that take place in the top charts have a few elements in common. It may never occur to listeners, but surely it is something you must know. Songs that make a place in our heart & soul and stay there for a long time, they have things in common. Well, the main reason behind this happening lies in the process of tune construction.
Music gives people comfort and especially now when people are dealing with a global epidemic, and shows like Coachella and Glastonbury are being canceled, people leaning on music more than ever. It consoles our souls in a way nothing else can. But there is a good thing about this scenario is, musicians all over the world have got the time to invest their full focus and talent on upcoming releases. This way or another music is one of the reasons for us to stay connected and feel alive.
The Intimate Elements of Compositions All Over The World:
When you start studying songs and songwriting, you will always find familiar threads to the basic elements of winning songs. Like most people, we also measure a song’s accomplishment by its popularity more than any other factor.
Although it is not the only aspect to evaluate. With that thought being put aside, start looking at the elements that build songs in the Modern Contemporary Music era which means the last fifty years of rock, pop, country, and R&B. Please also notice that these are not supposed to be placed in any particular order.
- Melody – The melody is the basic tune of the song that you vocalize or play. The best melodies of songs are contemplated to be catchy, and that is the only aspect that attracts our attention. This commonly means that the melody is memorable, which should have the desired impact.
- Chords (chord progression) – The chords support the melody of the ballad. This can moreover be and is usual, part of the rhythm of the song. A chord progression is an order in which the chords are fiddled.
- Beat and Rhythm – The beat of a song is what steers the listener to feel the song from the core. The tempo is another word for it. Because music blends in with our emotions, we always are drawn to a song because of its beat. The rhythm, on the other hand, is the beat that the several instruments like the drums, bass, guitar, and keys create.
- Genre and Style – the genre of a song is what is recognized as rock, pop, country, or r&b, it is typically funded by the beat and rhythm of the song. The style may differ once the song is composed of the words or instruments. The style of the song limbs out from the genre, such as punk rock, alternative, hip hop, bluegrass, etc.
- Concept – Every song has a storyline or theme. Commonly the song title will disseminate the aroma of that story idea and the lyric, it will then expound upon that idea or theme. The story concept and theme is generally expressed in the title of the song.
- Hook- The hook is the part of the song that listeners just can’t get out of your head. It sort of glues to your thought process, occasionally, even if you like it or not. All hit (if not memorable) songs have incredible hooks. A song may also have alternate hooks that are sections, words, phrases of music that will get inside your brain.
- Lyrics – The story that is told in the song comes through the words called the lyrics. The lyric illustrates the concept, theme, and title of the song. A lyric will normally rhyme in rhythmic phrases in the sections of the composition.
- Song Sections – Songs are mostly divided up into sections and have names, such as intro, verse, chorus, bridge, etc. Commonly, the verse interprets the idea of the title and hook that are normally in the chorus. Other sections of music, including intro, bridge, lead breaks, etc., will act to support these main components of the song.
- Arrangement – The arrangement is certainly two-fold. Initially, the arrangement is the order in which the sections of music are positioned, such as, intro-verse-chorus-verse-chorus and so on. Secondly, the foundation of the instrumentation, vocals, and other parts of music that compose the song, is evaluated to be the arrangement as well.
- Length – The length of a song is often a deliberation, depending on the usage of the song. If a song is being jotted down and arranged for radio airplay, songs today are commonly three and a half to four minutes long. Sometimes, They can be shorter or longer, but this is the normal length in today’s musical arrangements. It is safe to state that you will find successful songs with less (or even more) of the ten elements that are summarized here. But, this doesn’t make the song right or wrong, just unique.
Anyway, there are exceptions to every rule, and in music, you will uncover that to be the case more often than not. While searching for songs, we strongly believe you will find most successful musicians will use proven formulas with the elements listed above, in some shape or form.
About The Successful Chartbusters:
Chartbusters are generally made to categorize songs that have held the number 1 position over a decade. These songs are collected from different countries and are of different genres. Let’s look at the following charts, then we’ll discuss.
The Top Ten songs listed in these charts are from Germany and the USA, sourced from Betway Insider. Each of the songs present in the chart (mentioned below). If you listen to them carefully, each song has one thing in common, they are the best songs that touched the hearts of millions with the accurate skills and the composition that resulted in a masterpiece. All these songs are carefully calculated in a form of structural integrity which makes people enjoy and feel good. These Songs are what save us from feeling down in this disastrous time.
Everything including music is constructed in a calculating way to deliver pleasure to people. It just doesn’t happen naturally, a lot of work goes into making ‘The Pound Of Music’. Hopefully, this blog has given you a clear insight into this.
Donate to IndiePulse Music Magazine’s Academic and Music Education Scholarship Program HeartBeat4Kids
IndiePulse Music Magazine creates Scholarships to help Youth In Need of assistance to complete their educational goals and stay in school.