Greg’s son Devon Allman and his group the Allman Betts Band (Allman; Duane Betts, son of Allman Brothers electric guitar legend, Dickey Betts; Berry Duane Oakley, son of the ‘Brother’s bass guitarist, Berry Oakley; John Ginty, keyboards; Johnny Stachela, guitar; R. Scott Bryan, percussion; John Lum, drums) are the featured act, serving as a sort of ‘house band’ for each performance alongside a diverse Who’s-Who of today’s Blues/Rock/Roots guitar greats: Robert Randolph, Donavon Frankenreiter, Kenny Aronoff, Alex Orbison, Lilly Hiatt, Cody and Luther Dickinson, G. Love, Eric Gales, Joanne Shaw Taylor, Jimmy Hall, Lamar Williams Jr., Kenny Wayne Shepherd, Samantha Fish, Ally Venable, Ivan Neville, River Kittens, Art Edmanston, and George Porter Jr.
The Allman Family Revival began in December 2017 as a celebration of Gregg’s 70th birthday and has grown into a yearly tradition. This year, they’re planning Last Waltz-style evenings packed with musical collaborations.
“Hard to believe we are in the fifth year of the Allman Family Revival shows,” says Devon. “This year is going to be bonkers – nineteen cities, coast-to-coast in historic theaters with our beautiful, talented friends jamming all night long. I like having artists that knew Dad, played with him, maybe were an opening act, or were really influenced and inspired by him,” adds Allman. “As for a venue, I prefer those turn-of-the-century to mid-20th century, old-school theaters. They are just gorgeous inside, sculpted for sound, and provide the perfect location for these very special shows. I love for this concert to feel like a night at the theater for our audience.” Devon Allman formed the Allman Betts Band in 2018 with Duane Betts, the son of Allman Brothers guitarist Dickey Betts. They play a mixture of original songs and tip their caps to their fathers by adding a couple of Allman Brothers classics to each live show.
Prior to Allman Family Revival, the Allman Betts Band had been on the road supporting their “Autumn in America” 2021 Tour. Their latest release is entitled “Bless Your Heart” (BMG). “The Allman Betts Band delivers the goods on Bless Your Heart,” writes Blues Rock Review. “It’s a road-forged album full of the chemistry of legends and the kind of telepathic musical interplay nine bands out of ten will never reach.”
Allman Family Revival Tour 2021
- December 1st – New Orleans, LA @ Saenger Theater
- December 2nd – Atlanta, GA @ Coca-Cola Roxy
- December 3rd – Sarasota, FL @ Van Wezel PAC
- December 5th – Huntington, NY @ The Paramount
- December 7th – Boston, MA @ Orpheum Theater
- December 8th – New York, NY @ Beacon Theater
- December 9th – Philadelphia, PA @ The Met
- December 10th – Silver Springs, MD @ Fillmore
- December 11th – Ann Arbor, MI @ Michigan Theater
- December 12th – Chicago, IL @ Chicago Theater
- December 14th – Tulsa, OK @ Brady Theater
- December 16th – Phoenix, AZ @ Arizona Federal Theatre
- December 17th – Las Vegas, NV @ Theater at Virgin Hotels
- December 18th – San Francisco, CA @ The Fillmore
- December 19th – Los Angeles, CA @ The Wiltern
Devon Allman (Photo Courtesy Thunderbird Management
Donate to IndiePulse Music Magazine’s Academic and Music Education Scholarship Program HeartBeat4Kids
IndiePulse Music Magazine creates Scholarships to help Youth In Need of assistance to complete their educational goals and stay in school.