1. What was it that made you want to take it a step further and become a DJ? You seem to have begun DJing from an early age.
I’ve been into music all my life, at a young age I started as a breakdancer. At that time my cousin used to be a DJ so I would watch and study him but I turned more into an MC/Rapper. Then later in my high school days, I became a music producer (I learned the studio and a couple of instruments) and created my own music and wrote songs for other artists. As I got older I circled back into the DJ realm and decided to attend Scratch DJ Academy in Manhattan, NY for a few courses and the rest is history.
2. What is that you enjoy most about DJing and producing? What do you find challenging?
I love the fact that I can make other people happy, make them dance, make them re-live a part of their lives, or create new memories. I don’t really find anything to be challenging because I love my job and love what I do.
3. What would you say are some of the highlights of your career to date?
To date, I would have to say DJing the NFLPA Super Bowl parties, the NCAA Final Four, New York Fashion Week, the Stellar Awards, and Djing for the NBA, WNBA, and MLB.
4. Who are the artists that excite you and who do you count as among your influences?
In the DJ world, I love DJ Scratch and DJ Jazzy Jeff as far as technique and skill but I also really like Just Blaze as a DJ and a producer. As for entertainers I like Michael Jackson, Janet Jackson, Usher, and Prince.
5. What do you think is next for you in terms of projects? Anything exciting you’d like to share?
I recently just booked the Big 10 Women’s Basketball Tournament so I’m excited about doing that. I love sports so it goes hand in hand with me.
6. What is the best piece of advice that you received in your career?
This is a business first. The music and the talent come second but it’s 90% hustle/grind and 10% talent.
7. What is one message you would give to your fans?
Believe in yourself ALWAYS!
8. How can your fans reach out to you?
Social Media: @pro_djdime or DJ DIME
Donate to IndiePulse Music Magazine’s Academic and Music Education Scholarship Program HeartBeat4Kids
IndiePulse Music Magazine creates Scholarships to help Youth In Need of assistance to complete their educational goals and stay in school.