Hallucinate is the new, all-original album by Bees Deluxe. Recorded between tour dates after the past twelve months and produced by Joe Egan, the album celebrates the band’s distinct perspective on on what they call “acid blues.”
Hallucinate is a collection of contemporary tales about aliens, gasoline, French bread, guitars, gambling, and asteroids, and features the angular guitar pyrotechnics of the British bandleader Conrad Warre, the harmonica laments of keyboard player Carol Band and a slew of Boston-based friends and musicians who were coerced into adding their voice and their instruments to the tracks on the album. While respecting the traditional aspects of the Chicago analog blues in the 60s, Bees Deluxe tread where the other blues musicians fear to go. Lyrically and melodically the band stretches the edges of their compositions, instruments and voices into the uncharted wilds of the musical world.
Hallucinate is available for streaming and downloading at Amazon, Spotify, Apple Music, ITunes, Deezer, Bandcamp and and nearly everywhere. Bees Deluxe music can be purchased from the band’s website: www.beesdeluxe.com.
About Bees Deluxe
Bees Deluxe, a British-American acid blues band, bend the genre by infusing elements of jazz, funk, psychedelia and rock. The result is a sound that’s clearly distinctive, highly musical, and infused with a bit of insanity. On Hallucinate, Bees Deluxe continue to push the limits of the blues and color outside the lines of convention. Musicians who contributed to this album are:
- Carol Band – keyboards, vocals and harmonica
- Poogie Bell – drums (Nitro)
- Allyn Dorr – bass and vocals
- Jared Egan – guitar (Sharkskin Suit)
- Joe Egan – keyboards and mentoring
- James Gildea – bass and vocals
- Paul Giovine – drums and percussion
- Adam Sankowski – bass guitar
- Conrad Warre – guitar, bass, vocals, trumpet, and keys
Catch Bees Deluxe In Concert In A Town Near You
- November 16 (Thur) STITCH BAR & BLUES New York NY
- November 17 (Fri) JAMEY’S HOUSE OF MUSIC Lansdowne PA
- November 18 (Sat) CITY MARKET Boston MA
- November 25 (Sat) THE TREE HOUSE Charlton MA
- December 2 (Sat) STARK BREWERY Manchester NH
- December 8 (Fri) LIZZIE ROSE MUSIC ROOM Tuckerton NJ
- December 16 (Sat) EXHIBIT ‘A’ BREWERY Framingham MA
- December 20 (Wed) THE BULL RUN Shirley MA
- December 22 (Fri) VINCENT’S Worchester MA
- January 13 (Sat) BLACK EYED SALLY’S Hartford CT
Bees Deluxe “Hallucinate” Review Copies/Interviews/Show Passes Avail.
What The Media Is Saying…About Bees Deluxe
“Smoky vocals and gorgeous guitar work, offers a glossy, atmospheric sound”
— Ed Symkus, Metro West Daily News
“Bees Deluxe is a band that set out to yank blues into the 21st century, with guitar inspired by Jimi Hendrix and music influenced by a panoply of jazz, blues and rock artists”
— Jay N. Miller, The Patriot Ledger
“Showcasing their undoubted high-class musicianship. It’s all blues music, just with a different coating that makes this band stand out from the rest.”
— Colin Campbell, Blues Matters!
“Unquestionably unique; acid blues at its finest, dripping with virtuosity.”
– AJ Wachtel, Boston Blues Society
Donate to IndiePulse Music Magazine’s Academic and Music Education Scholarship Program HeartBeat4Kids
IndiePulse Music Magazine creates Scholarships to help Youth In Need of assistance to complete their educational goals and stay in school.