Listening To Music Online Versus Offline: Advantages and Disadvantages
Music is not just entertainment; it is more of a therapy. It is like our escape from whatever bad and stressful things are happening in our lives.
Do you remember those days when we used to buy cassettes and DVDs for listening to music, then the internet came, and we got the luxury to download all types of music from the pirate bay, the most popular torrent site?
Now, the technology has advanced, and we get applications that are dedicated only to music lovers. There we get both the options of listening to music online and offline. Here, we will talk about the advantages and also the disadvantages of listening to music online and offline.
Listening To Music: Online Vs. Offline
First, we need to get the basics of online music streaming and listening to music offline. There are a lot of music applications available in the market, for example, Prime Music, YT Music, Spotify, Pandora, SoundCloud, and a lot more.
When you are streaming online music, you must have an active internet connection. You are using your internet network for playing music. It means the music is stored on the internet, and you are playing it.
However, for listening to music offline, first, you need to download them and store them somewhere on your device. So, when you have stored the music on your device, you can play the music anytime and anywhere. You do not need an internet connection for it.
As long as your device is working properly, you will be able to listen to the music you have already downloaded.
Listening To Music Online
Now, as you know the basics of offline and online music listening, it is time to know the advantages and disadvantages of both. First, we are starting with the pros and cons of listening to music online.
Here are some of the major advantages of listening to music online.
- When you are listening to music online, it allows you to save a lot of space as you are not storing anything locally on your device.
- As long as you have an active internet connection, you can access almost any kind of or every kind of music you want to listen to from any part of the world.
- You might have preordered the hard copy of the latest song, but it will definitely take some time to get it delivered to you. However, with an active internet connection, you can access the music as soon as it gets released.
- You can easily share online music pieces with your family and friends. With online music streaming platforms, more people can access one single account or get shared access to a particular service.
- When you are choosing online music listening, you are actually opening the opportunity of listening to as much music as you want for free, and you do not have to buy an entire album.
After the advantages now comes the disadvantages part.
- Online music listening often comes with some kind of marketing like ads, which can be really irritating.
- If you want to get uninterrupted and add free music, you have to buy the subscription plan.
- You can not listen to music online if you do not have an internet connection. Disruptive internet connection also can ruin the experience.
Listening To Music Offline
After knowing the pros and cons of online music listening, we will now discuss the advantages and disadvantages of offline music listening.
These are the advantages of offline music listening.
- The biggest advantage of listening to music offline is you do not need an internet connection to listen to the music. Once you download the music, you can listen to it as much as you want to without having an internet connection.
- Offline music listening and playing also come with the advantages of being transferred between music playing devices without an active internet connection.
- As offline music playing does not need an active internet connection, you can listen to them from all those remote places as well where internet connection is not available, or the network is poor.
Now, come to the disadvantages of offline music.
- Offline music means you are storing the music in your device locally; it will consume the space in your device.
- Finding offline music content can be really tough and complicated as the industry is moving forward with online listening.
Just Listen To Music!
It totally depends on you and the situation.
You will be able to decide on the basis of your requirements whether you are going to listen to music online or offline. If your device does not have much space and you have a proper internet connection, online music will be best for you.
On the other hand, if you are in some remote places where you do not have a proper internet connection, you must go with offline music. After all, your main purpose is listening to music, and not how you are doing it.
Donate to IndiePulse Music Magazine’s Academic and Music Education Scholarship Program HeartBeat4Kids
IndiePulse Music Magazine creates Scholarships to help Youth In Need of assistance to complete their educational goals and stay in school.
Go to http://www.indiepulsemusic.com/heartbeat4kids to learn more, Donations can be made at http://www.paypal.me/xmg – Any Amount will help!
Leave a Reply